We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Website usage information
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. We do not link your IP address to any personally identifiable information. We use a measurement system to determine which areas our site users visit based on traffic to those areas. Gali does not track what individual users read, but simply and anonymously how often each page is visited. This helps us maintain a superior and informative website for you.
The information we collect
Where we ask you to give us contact information, this may include your name, email address, postal address, and similar information. We do not request sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or National Insurance numbers via the website. We never sell, share or trade any of our customer information with other organisations.
Cookies are used on this site purely to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using the site, so it can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure it is fast enough
We use Google Analytics to measure how many people use this site. We do this to make sure the site is meeting users’ needs and to understand how we could improve it.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store any personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We also do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are used by Google Analytics:
- utma stores a randomly generated number for 2 years
- utmb stores a randomly generated number for 30 minutes
- utmc stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
- utmz stores a randomly generated number and anonymous information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link or a search) for 6 months
The following cookie is used to provide other normal website functions:
- asp.net_sessionid stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
If you do not wish to accept any cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this is likely to adversely affect the functionality of websites you visit.
Gali utilizes a variety of technology in order to protect our information assets. These technologies are deployed as part of sophisticated security architecture. All data resides in a secure environment. These investments mean that information about the identity and preferences of individual users is not accessible to anyone outside Gali. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
Changes in ownership
In the event that Gali (or a substantial portion of its shareholding) is acquired, customer information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the information we have collected from you online, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact us via the any of the mechanisms highlighted on our contact page.